- Right now the Penguins have a 99.998% probability of making the playoffs.
- They current have the highest probability of finishing the season with a 8-5-1 record giving them 106 points.
- If this is the case they have a 80% probability of finishing in 4th place, a 17% probability they finish in 5th, and a 2% probability they grab the 1 spot.
- This also gives them a 67% probability they play the Flyers and a 26% probability they play New Jersey.
- Also, this probability I don't see much use for, but this gives them a 8.6% probability of winning the Cup.
- Take this probability with a grain of salt, as there really is no "probability of winning the Stanley Cup."
- Overall there is a 56.6% probability the Penguins will play the Flyers in the first round of the playoffs while the probability that they play New Jersey are 21.0%. All other teams have less than a 10% probability.
- The highest probability of winning the Stanley Cup in the Eastern Conference is given to the Bruins at 16.8%
- Again, do not take this probability seriously at all.
- The Penguins have a 61% probability of finishing in 4th place in the East.
- The Flyers have a 21% probability of finishing 4th. The Rangers have a 14% probability and the Devils have a 5% probability of finishing 4th. So there is your 100%.
- The Penguins have a 20% probability of finishing 5th.
- The Flyers have a 51% probability of finishing in the 5 spot.
- Overall, the website is giving the Penguins a 9.0% probability of winning the Stanley Cup.
- The Penguins have a 13% probability of finishing 1st.
- The Rangers have a 84% probability of locking up the 1st seed.
In addition to the probabilities mentioned, the Penguins also have a 5% probability of finishing in 6th place.
UPDATED: Monday, March 12, 2012 1:00 PM